GISD Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction and Federal Programs
coordinates the responsibilities and activities of the following:
Curriculum Management Plan
The mission of Groesbeck ISD is to ensure that every student achieves maximum potential.
District Curriculum Goals:
- To provide a viable and aligned curriculum and research-based instructional methods which facilitate achievement for all students.
- To provide an aligned k-12 curriculum in the core areas of math, science, English language arts, and social studies.
- To use data to monitor student progress and improve student performance.
- To establish, implement, and monitor a continuous process of improvement that focuses on student performance.
- To align the written curriculum, the taught curriculum, and the tested curriculum.
College/Career Readiness Goals:
- To support a dual-credit initiative that allows students to obtain an associate’s degree while in high school.
- To support CATE initiatives that allow students to earn college hours and industry certifications in CATE programs while in high school.
- To provide GT training to staff and support the development of GT and AP courses that prepare students for college.
Specific District Curriculum Strategies:
- To train, update, and reinforce all teachers in the foundation programs (CKH, Learning Keys, and TEKS Resource System, etc.)
- To conduct or provide professional development that supports the foundation programs and/or district goals.
- To organize and support district-wide benchmark testing.
- To collect and use data to track every student in the district (War Boards, Heat Maps, Quintile Reports).
- To develop lesson plan formats for the campuses that support district goals.
- To provide 21st century classrooms and tools, including software and web-based programs, which support student achievement.
- To utilize instructional leaders on each campus.
- To have administrators and teachers conduct data walks for campus monitoring.
- To support and train campus leadership in curriculum-related areas.