Welcome to Enrollment and Withdraw Information
Enrollment will be completed through the TxEIS Program.
FOR ALL NEW ENROLLEES
To complete the registration process, parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must submit the child(ren)’s birth certificate, social security, and shot record to the appropriate campus office. Only a parent or legal guardian of a child may register a child for school. Parent/legal guardian identification is also required.
Documents to Prove Eligibility
Parents/Legal Guardian Documents Needed to Enroll:
Pre-Kindergarten (Full-Day) Students must qualify for PreK before they can be enrolled.
To qualify for full-day Pre-Kindergarten, a child must be:
1. Age: Child must be 4 years old by September 1 of that school year.
2. Income: Qualify for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program. Proof of income is required. (paycheck stub, pay envelope, a letter from employer stating gross income, unemployment statement)
3. Limited English Proficient (LEP): Unable to speak and comprehend the English language as determined by the Pre-IPT-Oral Proficiency Test. (testing administered by school personnel)
4. Military: Child of an active member of the Armed Forces, injured or killed while on active duty, or mobilized Texas National Guard.
5. Homeless: As defined under the McKinney-Vento Act.
6. Foster Care: Submit a letter showing the child is or was in CFPS care.
7. Star of Texas Award: Child of a parent eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
To qualify for Kindergarten, a child must be five (5) years old by September 1 of that school year.
If your child lives outside of the Groesbeck ISD area and you would like your child to attend GISD, you may request a transfer. Visit Student Transfers.
Court Orders or Decrees
If there is a court order or decree pertaining to your child, please provide a certified copy of the court order or decree to your child’s campus. (The campus can make a copy from your original.)
Withdrawing from School
Please contact your child’s Campus Principal, to schedule a time to return school property, such as; books, Chromebook laptops, textbooks, athletic equipment, uniforms, band instruments, etc.
Campus Contact Information
H.O. Whitehurst (HOW) - Grades PreK through 3rd Grade 254-729-4104
Enge-Washington Intermediate School (Enge) - Grades 4th through 6th 254-729-4103
Groesbeck Middle School (GMS) - Grades 7th through 8th 254-729-4102
Groesbeck High School (GHS) - Grades 9th through 12th 254-729-4101