Enrollment will be completed through the ASCENDER Program.
Returning students, contact your child’s campus for the code for registration.
FOR ALL NEW ENROLLEES
To complete the registration process, parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must submit the child(ren)’s birth certificate, social security, and shot record to the appropriate campus office. Only a parent or legal guardian of a child may register a child for school. Parent/legal guardian identification is also required.
Documents to Prove Eligibility
Student Documents Needed to Enroll:
Social Security Card
Immunization Records (state law requires that students are current with immunizations to enroll in school)
Parents/Legal Guardian Documents Needed to Enroll:
Utility Bill or Proof of Residence
All proof of residency must show a service address and be dated within the last 30 days.
NOTE: If you are currently living with another person or renting and the proof of residency is in that person’s name, both you and that person will need to sign a notarized affidavit. This can be done in the campus office, bank, or other notary public.
If a family no longer or doesn’t live in the GISD boundaries, they are encouraged to enroll their child in the appropriate school district. If you have an approved transfer, the campus will track your transfer and will be aware of your status.
Pre-Kindergarten (Full-Day) Students must qualify for PreK before they can be enrolled.
To qualify for full-day Pre-Kindergarten, a child must be:
1. Age: The child must be 4 years old by September 1 of that school year.
2. Income: Qualify for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program. Proof of income is required. (paycheck stub, pay envelope, a letter from employer stating gross income, unemployment statement)
3. Limited English Proficient (LEP): Unable to speak and comprehend the English language as determined by the Pre-IPT-Oral Proficiency Test. (testing administered by school personnel)
4. Military: Child of an active member of the Armed Forces, injured or killed while on active duty or mobilized Texas National Guard.
5. Homeless: As defined under the McKinney-Vento Act.
6. Foster Care: Submit a letter showing the child is or was in CFPS care.
7. Star of Texas Award: The child of a parent eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
To qualify for Kindergarten, a child must be five (5) years old by September 1 of that school year.
If your child lives outside of the Groesbeck ISD area and you would like your child to attend GISD, you may request a transfer. Visit Student Transfers.
Court Orders or Decrees
If there is a court order or decree pertaining to your child, please provide a certified copy of the court order or decree to your child’s campus. (The campus can make a copy from your original.)
Withdrawing from School
Please contact your child’s Campus Principal to schedule a time to return school property, such as; books, Chromebook laptops, textbooks, athletic equipment, uniforms, band instruments, etc.
Campus Contact Information
H.O. Whitehurst (HOW) - Grades PreK through 3rd Grade
Enge-Washington Intermediate School (Enge) - Grades 4th through 6th
Groesbeck Middle School (GMS) - Grades 7th through 8th
Groesbeck High School (GHS) - Grades 9th through 12th